But vaccines aren’t the only way to avoid getting sick. In fact, boosting your immune system and keeping your body strong is the best way to avoid colds and flus or at least limit their frequency, duration, and severity. It is important that our immune systems practice mounting a defense. But of course we don’t want to get sick!
I recall a book from my childhood that showed immune cells as little French soldiers in neat little uniforms, carrying bayonet guns. When a virus or bacteria attacks the body, these little immune cell soldiers must mount a counter attack. If the viruses or bacteria are more numerous and stronger, they win. If the immune cells outnumber and overpower their attackers, our bodies win.
There are many ways to recruit more soldiers! Here are some:
1. Vitamin C: Supplements or vitamin C rich foods, including citrus foods, peppers, papayas, kiwis, dark leafy greens, and broccoli.
2. Zinc: Supplements (50 mg, not more than 100mg in a day) or zinc rich foods like oysters, pumpkin seeds, chickpeas, and sesame seeds.
3. Mushrooms: All cooked mushrooms help, but the best are maitake, rieshi, and shiitake.
4. Ginger, garlic, honey, oregano, and onions.
5. Echinacea, oregano, astragalus, goldenseal, and so many more herbals…
6. Sleep: Get enough sleep. Your body needs this time for recovery and repair.
7. The usual: Wash your hands. But you know that already!
8. Biopuncture! Yes, biopuncture. Pascoleucyn contains echinacea in herbal quantity and a mix of homeopathic herbals. It’s fast, it’s easy, and it works!
Want to know more? Ask me!