My parents grow raspberries in their yard, so this time of year is very exciting, as it’s harvest time! Whenever I go over to their place, I brave the thorns to collect on the bounty. Raspberries have a lot of amazing health benefits, including that they are rich in a host of antioxidants, fibre, vitamins A, C, E, K, and folate, and an assortment of minerals. They have been found to have anti-inflammatory, blood sugar regulating, and anti-cancer health benefits. And raspberry ketones may help improve fat cell metabolism, thus their connection to weight loss.
I didn’t need to know all the health benefits to be thrilled about getting to take home a large container of raspberries. I LOVE the taste! I put them on my oatmeal in the morning, but I thought I’d like to know what other things I could do with them, so here’s a delicious salad recipe I found.
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (divided 1/2 cup and 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups arugula or other greens
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup nuts of choice
- Puree 1/2 cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender.
- Combine greens, mango, and avocado in a large bowl.
- Add dressing to greens and toss to mix.
- Top with remaining 1 cup of raspberries and nuts.