We’ve feel like we’ve been waiting for awhile here in Vancouver for this week to arrive. The sun is out and beautiful!
But with temperatures in Vancouver reaching 30+ today and soaring to the mid-thirties (and feeling even hotter) in some other areas of Canada, not everyone is loving the heat.
If you’re one of those feeling a bit miserable about the heat or miserable about listening to others complain about it, I’m reposting a previous blog I wrote about easy ways to cool off.
Click here to read that blog: http://www.activetcm.com/blog/summer-heat-cooling-off/
This one looks particularly appetizing to me:
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, combined with above olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) snipped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 7 can(s) (1/2 ounce each) Italian tuna in olive oil, drained
- 3 celery stalks with leaves, thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 can(s) (15 ounces each) butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) drained capers
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the mustard, then slowly whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the chives and season the lemon-mustard vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the drained tuna with the sliced celery, butter beans, and capers. Add the lemon-mustard vinaigrette and toss to coat the salad. Season the salad with salt and pepper and serve at once.