Bonsai Facial Rejuvenation
Natural beauty naturally sculpted.
In response to ongoing requests from my patients to start offering facial
acupuncture treatments, I started researching options. When I found out about
microcurrent treatments I got really excited! Not only can the microcurrent
machine be used to do facial rejuvenation treatments, but it can also be used to
treat pain (including jaw pain—TMJ syndrome) and stimulate the underlying
muscles to either relax or tone. And, for the squeamish, it does so without
I know that acupuncture is not painful. I call it ahhhhcupuncture (read like a
sigh). But when someone is afraid of needles, it is sometimes very difficult to
get past that.
Microcurrent treatment also has research to back up its claims.
And so began Bonsai Facial Rejuvenation.
Before (left) and after (right) Bonsai Facial
Rejuvenation package of 10 treatments.
First treatment June 2, 2009
Tenth treatment July 23, 2009
Note the following areas:
- Eyes: More open. She looks more rested.
- Nose: More defined and narrower.
- Cheeks: Higher
- Mouth: Lips are fuller.
- Forehead: Smoother.
- Overall: She looks slimmer, though she was always
slim, her jaw is more defined.
Patient reported after her 8th treatment that when she
saw an acquaintance she had not seen since prior to her 1st
treatment--a person who did not know that she was pursuing
or receiving any treatments--that person exclaimed, "You
First treatment April 25, 2009
Tenth treatment August 13, 2009
Note the following areas:
- Eyes: Much more open. Less hooding. Reduction in dark
- Cheeks: Smoother skin.
- Jaw: More defined, skin tighter.
- Forehead: Smoother, less defined wrinkles.
- Mouth: Reduction in lines above lips.
- Overall: Looks slimmer in face.
What is Bonsai Facial
Bonsai Facial Rejuvenation treatments are a safe,
comfortable and cost effective way to:
- Reduce wrinkles and signs of aging
- Lift sagging skin
- Stimulate natural collagen production
- Relax tight muscles
- Tighten and reduce pore size
- Diminish puffiness and nourish skin
- Relieve chronic jaw pain and related issues with
Temporo-Mandibular Joint (TMJ)
BFR works with the body’s natural healing energy,
providing gentle microcurrent electrical stimulation applied
by our skilled practitioners. Bonsai Facial Rejuvenation
(BFR) incorporates the ancient wisdom of acupuncture in a
non-needle application, which produces total body changes.
Treatments provide a gradual transition to a natural looking
Clients often report additional positive results including
an increase in energy, less stress, a general sense of well
being and improved sleep!
BMFR is an effective treatment for blemishes, scars and
rosacea, with symptoms often fading or disappearing to
reveal a “glow of youthful skin".
Note: There are no known negative side effects of
microcurrent facial rejuvenation.
What does a Bonsai Facial
Rejuvenation treatment involve?
Our first step is to meet with you so that we can discuss
your wishes and determine if and how we can turn those into
reality. We offer a complementary 15 minute initial
Once a decision is made to proceed, we take your picture.
We do, after all, want to see what progress we are achieving
as the treatments move forward.
At the start of each treatment we ask that you wash your
face, even if you do not wear any makeup. We offer a
natural, hypo-allergenic face wash and towel for you to use.
The following components are used during treatment:
- Microcurrent rejuvenation techniques on facial skin
- Acupuncture point treatment using microcurrent with
no pain or invasion of the skin
- Meridian balancing, a centuries-old method to
harmonize and balance your entire body
- Facial massage to increase blood flow and relax
- Therapeutic grade essential oils that promote
overall health and skincare
- Topical skin care
- Counseling on healthy lifestyle choices including
supplements, nutrition etc.
- For the most effective results, ten to 12 sessions
are recommended over a course of four to 12 weeks.
Clinically proven results…
Microcurrent Research and Clinical Studies show the following positive effects after microcurrent treatments (*):
- Cellular regeneration and increased protein synthesis for enhanced soft-tissue healing
- A 500 percent increase in ATP, which provides energy for cell metabolism and injury repair
- A 40 percent increase in cellular membrane transport and the reduction of soft-tissue swelling and inflammation
- Improved DNA synthesis for soft-tissue cell regeneration
- Activation of T-lymphocytes that strengthen the immune system
*Cell Regeneration and ATP production: The effects of electric currents on ATP generation, protein synthesis and membrane transport. Cheng et. al. , Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, Nov/Dec 1982, 171
Contact us if you would like to book your free 15 minute consultation to improve your skin tone, texture, and appearance using Bonsai Facial Rejuvenation.
Bonsai Facial Rejuvenation with Acupuncture Information,
Intake, and Consent Form
Bonsai Facial Rejuvenation Treatment (without acupuncture)
Information, Intake, and Consent Form